Wrights – Brexit Preparations
Wrights is committed to providing its customers with excellent service based on high levels of stock availability across a large range of products. We have been receiving an increasing number of enquiries about our preparations to ensure continuity of supply in the event of a ‘no deal’ Brexit and we want to re-assure you that we have implemented a comprehensive action plan to avoid any potential disruption.
Against the background of continued uncertainty surrounding the terms of the UKs departure from the EU, we have been reviewing our supply chain to determine the steps we need to take to ensure that we have adequate stocks to maintain uninterrupted supply to our customers. This has involved detailed discussions with our suppliers, manufacturers, forwarding agents and logistics partners.
Throughout this period, we have also maintained close contact with the Department of Health & Social Care, the Department of International Trade and other industry bodies, following their guidance on medical devices and clinical consumables. The Government has recognised the importance of these products and has committed to implementing additional roll-on, roll-off freight capacity, along with alternative routes on which these shipments will be prioritised. Nevertheless, we have established a range of contingency measures to safeguard the continuity of supply of our products for your practice:-
- We have increased our stock holding to its highest ever level, with a particular focus on the most critical, high volume products.
- We have leased additional warehousing space to allow us to hold more stock.
- We are working closely with our main freight forwarders and agents who have “Approved Economic Operator” (AEO) status and are well versed in the demands of international trade and customs protocol, should this be required.
- We have appointed an experienced logistics company to coordinate our multiple European deliveries and plan efficient routing.
- We have diverted major shipments away from the congested Southern ports to Northern UK ports for faster onward transit to our Distribution Centre.
We are confident that with adequate preparation and your continued support, we will be able to safeguard the supply of dental materials for your practice. We are committed to doing everything that we possibly can to achieve this throughout this very challenging period.