On successful completion of this course:
1 hour verifiable CPD will be awarded – In line with the new 2018 EGDC verifiable standards. A certificate will be issued to the learner on completion of a short assessment in the form of a crossword. You will also receive a Reflection log sheet. This allows you to reflect on your learning experience and can be used with the certificate as verifiable GDC evidence. You will need to gain 80% of the total marks. To help us to continue to improve future training and course structure, you will be requested to complete a short feedback form.
Why complete this on-line course?
We all have a duty of care to look after our patients and keep them safe. Working together as a team can help to ensure that standards of infection control and decontamination procedures will always be performed to a high standard. This course will help to develop an understanding of the dental team’s individual roles and responsibilities in relation to the control of infection in line with CQC and HTM01-05 guidelines.
The course covers:
- The GDC standards in relation to teamwork and infection prevention, control and decontamination
- Understanding roles & responsibilities
- Team working: In relation to infection prevention and control
- The benefits of effective team work
- Breakdown between roles and the effect on infection prevention and control
- Infection prevention and control dental team roles and responsibilities
- External infection roles that are required for dental practice
- Training requirements for infection prevention and control.
Course mapping and links
After successfully completing this course, you can use your training and course certificate for demonstrating compliance and evidence within the following:
- GDC domains – Clinical, Communication, Professionalism and Management and Leadership
- GDC Developmental outcomes – B & C (Required for verifiable evidence with new ECPD GDC)
The learning outcomes for this course are linked to the following GDC standards.
Principle 1 – Put patients’ interests first. Standards 5, 9
Principle 6 – Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients’ best interests. Standards 1, 3, 6
Principle 7 – Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills.
Standards 1, 2, 3,
- The CQC fundamental standards
- HTM01-05 guidelines – Roles and responsibilities and staff training
Course Aims, Objectives and Outcomes
To define the roles and clarify the responsibilities required for infection prevention and control within dental practice, while improve learners understanding of the importance of teamwork within this area.
- Describe each role and the responsibilities involved
- Explain the importance of team work within infection prevention and control
- Discuss the effects of a breakdown in team work between roles and the benefits of good team working
After successfully completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Summarise the key roles that are required for infection prevention and control within dental practice.
- Recognise and appreciate the responsibilities within each role
- Improve one’s own team working skills through the understanding of others roles and responsibilities