Practice Reopening Guidance
Guidance for Practices returning after an extended closure.
If you have concerns about the condition of the equipment and the reprocessing of it, please do not hesitate to contact our Service Department who are happy to help.
- Running Firmware & Software Updates
- Check Network Connections
- Stock on PPE, Cleaning Supply & Disinfectant Supply
- Investment in Sterilair / Purifier System
- Moving yearly maintenance forward to avoid downtime during the recovery
Cleaning of suction systems using Orotol – Directions of use can be found at:
Cleaning of suction systems using Puli-Jet directions of use can be found at:
Ensure the correct amount of solution is used as advised by manufacturers.
Ensure the solution flows through all suction hoses including the cuspidor (spittoon) bowl.
After cleaning procedure run suction for a further 5-10 minutes. This ensures the cleaner makes it all the way to the suction pump and helps internal parts dry.
To help prevent seizure you can remove the inlet filter and run the suction motor the use of WD40 sprayed into the inlet filter area whilst suction pump is running, this will coat the internal parts of the suction motor helping the prevention of seizure.
- Check all cables & hoses for wear and damage
- Run the suction and observe any irregularities
Dental Chairs / Treatment Centres
Health Technical Memorandum 01-05: Decontamination in primary care dental practices (HTM 01-05)
Resources for treatment center manufacturers:
- A-Dec: https://unitedkingdom.a-dec.com/clean-and-maintain/icx
- Dentsply Sirona https://www.dentsplysirona.com/en/service-contact/care-cleaning.html
- KaVo: https://www.kavo.com/en-uk/news/how-clean-your-treatment-unit
- Takara Belmont: https://belmontdental.co.uk/equipment/hygiene-and-care/
In line with daily /weekly practice infection control policy found on HTM 01-05, clean down and purge/flush handpiece tubings with manufacturers recommended solution.
Flush vacuum lines with manufacturer-approved solution for guidance – please refer to vacuum systems section.
Ensure that the water bottles are removed and left inverted to dry fully. Remove and replace oil collector gauze where applicable, clean all hard surfaces with recommended solution by manufacturers.
Clean all suction and spittoon valve filters on dental chairs / treatment centers, disconnect from mains power by unplugging or by turning off the fused spur.
W&H Equipment Important Information
Autoclaves – Preparation for first use after extended period of inactivity
- Close water tank drain taps
- Switch on RO water (if applicable)
- Clean chamber, door facing and door seal with clean water (do not use chemicals)
- For NSK iClaves, perform cleaning cycle with cleaning tablets as per instructions
- Perform Vacuum Test (if applicable)
- Perform Steam penetration test – ie Helix or Bowie & Dick (if applicable)
- Run at least one full cycle with an empty chamber (chamber furniture only)
Washer Disinfector – Preparation for first use after extended period of inactivity
- Clean chamber and door facing with clean water
- Reconnect electricity and water supplies (cold feed and demineralized water if applicable)
- Insert detergent pumps into relevant chemical bottles (if applicable)
- Fill detergent reservoir (if applicable)
- For Smeg washer disinfectors, run cycle 16 before running full cycle (06)
- With an empty chamber run full cycle with drying (if applicable)
Bien Air Resources:
- Contra-angles and Handpiece for Surgery and Implantology (PDF)
- Non-Carbon Micromotors (PDF)
- Turbines (PDF)
Remove handpieces and couplings were possible and clean, lubricate, and sterilize. Ensure that all reusable dental instruments are cleaned, disinfected, in accordance with HTM 01-05.
Compressed Air System
- Drain any moisture from the receiver tank via the drain valve or tap. Once tank is empty, switch off compressor via plug or fused spur.
- Check the power supply is off
- Check cables & hoses for any wear or damage
- Check for condense water
- Close the valves
- Turn the power supply & compressor on
- Let the compressor reach pressure level and hold it for some time to ensure no air leaks from any connection
Intraoral – Switch off X-ray via fused isolation switch. Once switched off, continue to wipe the unit down, making sure to dry afterwards.
Extraoral – Close down any X-ray software if applicable. Switch off unit via the fused isolation switch, wipe down and dry the unit.
Digital X-Ray Processing – Close down the associated X-ray software and then shut down the unit by the dedicated power button followed by wiping and drying down.
- wipe & dry X-Ray machine
- run a test scan and report any irregularities for further advise
Main document: Care and Cleaning by the Practice Team
- all the documents have been given to the customer upon delivery / install
Please see document attached, each customer should’ve gotten such a document as well as the manual with the installation. I only found the file in their partner document but not to download on their customer facing website.
- Refill the tank with water and MC Care Liquid 5ml per 1L water
- In case the tank wasn’t emptied before closure:
- empty, clean, exchange filter and refill the tank
- initiate the water pump to cycle the water for 15min in case the tank wasn’t emptied run the program for up to 1h – these cycles can be initiate over the machine
- do not use the cleaning / service cycle as it only runs for 2 mins
- during the process check that the water jets hit the milling instrument
- if the water pump cycle gets interrupted with an errors msg ‘water pressure low’, ignore and restart the cycle. This is due to air trapped in the pipes after several cycles the issue is resolved.
- Cleaning the chucks & motor with the Dentsply Cleaning set & IPA
- Recalibrate the milling machine
- Most important OS & Software Updates
- Recalibration scanner & color
- Check the filter under the footswitch &
the side of the AC unit to ensure proper air circulation
- Excess dust will overheat the AC
- Wipe down the AC with
- On the Primescan – press & hold left/right mouse button locks the screen to allow cleaning.
For more information on Practice Reopening Guidance, please Contact Us through our FREE Phone 08700 345 245 or our email email@example.com